Effective Date: May 24, 2020
As a provider of video collaboration & smart classroom solutions, we understand the importance of privacy to the organizations that purchase or license our products and services (“Customers”) , and to the individuals who use our products and services, including registered users and guests invited to participate in calls by such registered users (collectively, “Users”).
Visitors to our websites, including imagotechs.com, imagolifestyle.com, imagolifestyle.us and imagoflash.us, and parallel versions of these websites in other countries (“Our Websites”) • Users of cloud services offered by Imago, including ImagoFlash™, ImagoLifestyle™ , Imago SmartPresent , free trials or pilots of our products and services and other cloud offerings • Users of Imago’s conferencing and collaboration hardware and software solutions • Customers and Users using or benefitting from our training and support functions, including our customer success programs (collectively, “Customer Support”) • Our sales and marketing programs, processes and activities (collectively “Sales Activities”).
IMAGO Technologies Role
We offer different services and may consequently hold different roles when we process personal data in relation to the ImagoTechnologies service and the ImagoTechnologies branded products, software, hardware and websites:
From our Platform
Information collected via the Platform (including the App) is collected from or on behalf of our Clients who are hosting or managing events. This information is either collected from Client administrators who access the back-end of our Platform, or from conference/class attendees.
This type of Personal Information is controlled by the Client, and Imago Technologies only collects and processes it at the Client’s direction, and in accordance with instructions provided by the Client, including the applicable terms in any Client Agreement. With respect to this type of information, Imago Technologies is a processor, and Client is the controller. Imago Technologies works together with Clients and offers tools so that Clients can provide appropriate notice regarding the purposes for which they are collecting Personal Information on our Platform, and so that Client can also obtain consent to the collection and use of such information, where appropriate.
From the App
When you download or use the App in connection with a Client event, we collect app usage data, including which of our apps have been downloaded to your mobile device and when.
If, where applicable, you have requested or consented to location services in connection with your use of the App, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device. We use this information to provide you with location-based Services and other personalized content based on your location. Most mobile devices enable you to shut off location-based services; please access your mobile device’s “Settings” for more information.
From Email messages
If you contact a Imago Technologies representative using our customer service email, or any one of our informational email mailboxes (e.g., [email protected], [email protected]), we will store information such as the email address from which you sent the message, and use the information to reply to you.
From Offline Interactions
We may request and collect your Personal Information offline – for example, when you attend a Imago echnologies promotional event or a Client event, or if you call one of our sales representatives for information about our product offerings.
From Offline Interactions
We may request and collect your Personal Information offline – for example, when you attend a Imago Technologies promotional event or a Client event, or if you call one of our sales representatives for information about our product offerings.
We may ask you to participate in a survey, and your responses could contain Personal Information.
In connection with your use of the Sites and/or Services, we may also request occasional information about your interests and preferences, to better provide communications, offers and content that are specifically tailored to your personal interests.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically when you visit our Sites, such as your computer type (MAC or Windows), mobile device type, language, internet browser, any web pages that referred you to our Sites, and your Internet Protocol (IP) Address (which may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Website or Platform). We may also store general usage and activity data, such as the date and duration of your visit, and your navigation of the Sites. We use this information for reasons such as improving Sites performance, analytics, and functionality, and monitoring the regions from which users access our Website or Platform, in order to help us enhance the user experience and Sites security.
Cookies, beacons, tags and scripts may also be used by Imago Technologies and our integration partners or analytics and service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Sites, tracking users’ movements around the Platform and to gather demographic information about our userbase as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our partners or providers on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Information from Cookies
We may receive your personal data directly when you, for example:
- Contact us directly, e.g. using email, chat, or contact forms
- Request marketing information to be sent to you
- Sign-up and use the ImagoFlash service as a direct user
- Purchase a product or service
- Download software
- Participate in an online survey
- Submit an application
- Provide us feedback
When you use our website or our services, we may collect technical data about your computing system and browsing activity. This data is gathered by employing cookies and related tools. To learn more about the cookies we utilize on this site please refer to our cookie notice.
Your personal data may be received via a third party as follows:
- Via analytics through providers such as Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Via a ImagoTechnologies authorized partner reselling the ImagoTechnologies products or services
- Via a customer of an authorized partner purchasing the ImagoTechnologies products or services
- Google to manage Google Meet service interoperability
- Zoom to manage Zoom service interoperability
- Microsoft to manage MS Teams service interoperability
- If enabled, from Google to store your Google account details for YouTube live recording authentication and YouTube to store your live recording link, title and time of streaming.
- Microsoft Outlook, to store your meeting subject when using One-Time Rooms through the ImagoTechnologies service Outlook add-in.
From service providers, for third party tools we use to manage day to day business operations, including companies such as:
- Salesforce to manage clients and processes
- FacebookChat or RocketChat to communicate with you
- Social Media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube for collaboration and advertising purposes
ImagoTechnologies collects data in order to provide the best experiences we can when you visit ImagoTechnologies branded websites or use ImagoTechnologies branded products and services.
Please note that it is possible to visit our websites without providing personal data about yourself.
However, in order for you to best utilize the resources and information we offer on our website (for example downloading product brochures, whitepaper, sign up for our newsletter, or start a software test drive), we will need to collect some personal data from you to provide the services and the information that you request of us.
You may not be able to use some of our products and services if you decline our collection of your personal data. Examples of personal data we collect:
- Contact and personal details: name, email, phone number, occupation, etc.
- Credentials: passwords, saved user preferences, security settings, etc.
- Demographic information: your geographic location, time zone, preferred language, etc.
- Device and usage data: how you use our apps, when you accessed our service, what type of device you use, your IP address, the internet address you accessed our services from, your internet service provider, etc.
- Payment details: For eCommerce users, we collect any necessary information required to process your payment, such as a credit card number and the security code associated with your preferred payment method.
- Your contacts: if you use a Imago Technologies branded product in combination with a registered Imago Technologies account, to manage or access contacts, or to communicate with other people and organizations, we may collect information about your relationships and interactions with those contacts.
- Your image: for example, if you choose to store a personal image under the user profile of your Imago Technologies account or any third party services Imago Technologies interacts with.
We process the personal data you provide to us in strict accordance with the principles outlined in this privacy notice. We have the following purposes and legal basis for collecting and using your personal data:
- To enable you to use our services: in order for you to use the Imago Technologies service you have to activate an account with Imago Technologies or be invited by your service administrator. Upon such invitation and/or activation we require some personal data, including contact details, login information, payment details (if relevant) etc. Such processing is based on the contract entered into when subscribing to the services either directly or via the Imago Technologies affiliated partner who are authorized to sell the Imago Technologies service.
- Delivery of services: To operate and deliver our services, products, software and websites effectively, Imago Technologies may process personal data such as demographic information, time zone, occupation, call history, preferred user settings and other information related to your use of the services or making product recommendations based on your device or current location, or send important notifications to communicate information necessary to the continued use of our products or services. Imago Technologies processes such personal data based on our legitimate interest in delivering our services, products, software, and websites to you in an effective way.
- Customer support: we might use data to diagnose and fix service and product problems and issues, as well as providing more effective customer care. Imago Technologies processes such personal data based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations according to a contract or order.
- Contract management: In connection with the administration and management of contracts with Imago Technologies’s customers, suppliers etc., Imago Technologies may process personal data such as contact information of contact persons at such customers, suppliers etc. Imago Technologies processes such personal data based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations according to a contract or order.
- To respond to inquiries: Imago Technologies may also process personal data in order to follow-up inquiries from website users, direct users of our services etc. The legal basis for such processing is Imago Technologies’s legitimate interest in providing support to its users.
- Improving our products and services: To help us understand and improve our products and service, as well as the content we offer (e.g. in order to send communications relevant to our users), as well as the information and content we provide on Imago Technologies branded websites. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in improving our services, our website etc.
- Security and safety: we must use data in order to protect the security of our products and users. This can include (but is not limited to) detection of fraud and malicious software, confirming the validity of software licenses, and resolving disputes or enforcing our service agreement. Imago Technologies processes such personal data based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations according to a contract or order.
- Relevant sales and marketing communications: You will receive promotional communications if you have requested information from us, purchased products or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you subscribed to our newsletter or any other forms on our website and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving such communication. You’re able to opt out from our mailing list by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such emails.
- Recruitment: If you apply to a position in Imago Technologies, Imago Technologies may process your personal data in order to assess your application. The legal basis for such processing is that it is necessary in order to fulfill the contract with the candidate, or in order to take steps at the request of the candidate prior to entering into a contract. Applications will normally be stored for  year after the completion of the application process unless you consent to further storage.
- Ensure compliance and legitimate interests: Imago Technologies may also process personal data in order to comply with statutory obligations to which Imago Technologies is subject, and to safeguard own or third parties legitimate interests, e.g. in relation to establishing a legal claim or preventing unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal data.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for (as described in this privacy notice), including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or contractual obligations, or any reporting requirements or laws.
For personal data related to your specific use of our products and services, for example your call history, our stated policy is to retain that data as long as we have a legitimate purpose or legal basis for processing (in accordance with the purposes described in this privacy notice), unless otherwise impacted by one of the listed criteria below:
- How long do we need access to the data for in order to deliver our products and services and maintain effective business operations?
- Is there a reasonable expectation from customers that we will store their personal data until they explicitly request us to delete it?
- Is ImagoTechnologies, as the owner and operator of the ImagoTechnologies service, subject to legal, contractual, regulatory, or similar, obligations to retain certain types of data?
- For example, mandatory data retention laws in your region, or government requests and investigations.
When your personal data is no longer needed to be retained for any of the purposes stipulated in this privacy notice, we may delete or anonymize your personal data. Anonymized data – i.e. data that can no longer be associated with you as an individual – may be further used for research and statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
As part of our product and service delivery, ImagoTechnologies works with various affiliated partners who are authorized to sell ImagoTechnologies branded products or services on behalf of ImagoTechnologies. We also use some tools managed by third-party service providers in order to fulfill the delivery of certain aspects of our products and services.
We will never, ever provide or sell personal data to organizations not recognized as an affiliated ImagoTechnologies partner, or otherwise connected to helping us deliver operations to customers essential to our products and services.
- Disclosure of data to ImagoTechnologies affiliated partners: where appropriate, we may provide your details to affiliated ImagoTechnologies partners in order to fulfill your request for service delivery or further information:
- Affiliated ImagoTechnologies partners are partner businesses officially authorized to resell ImagoTechnologies products and services on our behalf
- In the event we share personal data with an affiliated partner, we will only do so in order to fulfill service delivery or improve our products and services
- Personal data will not be shared with affiliated partners for general marketing purposes
- Sharing data with third-party services providers: where necessary, ImagoTechnologies shares personal data with companies who provide essential services for delivering our products and services to customers. These might include services for:
- Information processing, payment processing, credit checks, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
- Some of these companies operate and store data outside of the US.
- All of our third-party service providers are checked to ensure they comply with US and applicable local data privacy and security regulations.
- All processing by such third parties are subject to a data processing agreement, which, among other things, limits such third parties’ use of the personal data to the performance of the agreed services.
- Disclosure of data to comply with legal or public jurisdiction requests: in rare circumstances, where we are compelled, by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence to disclose your personal data. We may also:
- Disclose information about you if we determine that to do so is necessary or appropriate for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other major issues of public importance
- Disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms of service or protect our operations or users
- In the event of a re-organization, merger, or sale we may transfer any or all personal data we collect to the relevant third party
- External websites: where relevant, in order to provide additional information on certain topics, our websites may link to external websites we do not own or manage:
- We cannot control, and are not responsible for, how these websites collect and use information
- This privacy notice is valid only for Imago Technologies branded domains, owned and managed by Imago Technologies, as the owner and operator of the Imago Technologies service. When using such third party websites, we recommend that you read the relevant sites terms and privacy notice.
- Presenters: At the request of any person who hosts and/or presents information in a conference (“presenters”), the Imago Technologies service may collect certain personal data and other information which any presenter in any conference may see and may be shared with other users of the service at the request of a presenter or as an automatic function of the service, including without limitation:
- Your name, address, phone number, and email address
- Any other personal data or other information you provide to the service or as requested by any presenter
Storage: Personal Data and other information may be stored and/or processed in multiple locations in which Imago Technologies or its affiliates maintain facilities. Imago Technologies will ensure that all such locations and affiliates comply with applicable local data privacy and security regulation.
When operating the ImagoTechnologies service and ImagoTechnologies branded products, ImagoTechnologies takes great care to ensure all reasonable precautions— including administrative, technical, and physical measures— to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption: all Imago Technologies branded web pages and online services or products always use SSL encryption where personal data is collected
- To make purchases from these services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Firefox, or Chrome
- Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal data while it’s transmitted over the Internet
- Our global network: the Imago Technologies Service is deployed via a globally-distributed network of resources which constitute the Imago Technologies Service Network as owned and operated by Imago Technologies.
- Services are hosted and maintained at geographically-specific “Points-of-Presence” (PoPs) as well as within cloud-based services that have global availability
- Imago Technologies PoPs are hosted at data centers managed by facility service providers. Each facility is meets or exceeds international security compliance standards
- Personal data collected through Imago Technologies service may be stored and processed in any country in which Imago Technologies and its affiliates maintain facilities
- By registering for and using Imago Technologies services, you are accepting to the transfer of data to any country in which Imago Technologies and its affiliates maintain facilities, as well as the use and disclosure of your personal data as described in this privacy notice
You have the right to access the information we have about you at any time, as well as request the personal data we store about you is deleted, modified, or exported for portability reasons.
For accessing, modifying, or exporting your personal information, or to request that we delete your personal data, please submit your request via email to [email protected]
- The request will be processed and completed in compliance with our privacy notice, terms of service, our business relationship and any data privacy laws applicable in your country.
- If the processing is based on your consent, you may also withdraw your consent at any time (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal). If you have previously consented to receive promotional email communications from us, you can use the unsubscribe function at the bottom our emails to unsubscribe from our emails at any time (“withdraw your consent”).
- If you have an active ImagoTechnologies account, it’s not possible to opt-out of basic emails since we need to communicate basic information, where relevant, to users in order to continue delivery of the account.
If you experience anything you think is a violation of the regulations, you may submit a written request to the Data Protection Directive’s postal address: 32/F Central Plaza, 18 Harbour Road, WanChai, Hong Kong.
As our business grows and our services and products evolve, this privacy notice may change, or other privacy notices may be written and posted specifically to address new offerings or to keep pace with data privacy laws.
When changes are substantial, we will first ensure to make you aware of any forthcoming changes by attempting to contact you directly via email, or via our user interfaces, or via indirectly through your authorized partner which is reselling the Imago Technologies service or product.